Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CONFLICT

It is a brand new year 2014. The old has passed from last year in 2013. But lets be honest the adversity that you went through or perhaps going through sometimes linger in your mind and heart. It is human nature for men and women to experience the highs and lows of emotions stemming from different variations of conflict. Conflict could be with family, a relationship, at the job, or with self. I know personally because I have experienced conflict with them all. It tested me in so many ways beyond what I could imagine.
Anger, frustration, and sorrow was prevalent in how I was feeling. Sometimes it made me question myself, others, and even God as to why. Then I had to realize God sometimes has to break you in order to build you back up for the purpose he created you. I also realize that as a man, a human being by the flesh our nature is sinful. The consequences of making choices based off immediate gratification, gain, or comfort and not seeking guidance from the Lord. In my heart my faith reactivated because of the many trials, conflicts, the heavenly father has brought me through in my lifetime thus far. The man and woman with wisdom will allow it to make them better not bitter, stronger not weaker, compassionate not insensitive.
I use to hear this expression growing up as a boy, and today as a man it holds true, "Experience is the best teacher." If you hadn't experience pain, sorrow, hate, and setbacks you couldn't appreciate pleasure, joy, love, and advancement.This is real life not your taxes, so everyone has their due season and no one is EXEMPT!
The bible says in Ephesians 6:12, " For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

Poetic Thought:

Day to day adversity seems to stomp loudly like a fraternity on probate,
Take time to exhale, so the pressure won't cause you to suffocate,
Stay on the path to your purpose,
Resiliency is deep within, allow it to surface,
You can choose to turn lemons into lemonade or allow the bitterness to make you sick,
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will bring you through any conflict! ~ JD

There is an ole school 90's R&B song by the group Dru Hill that I like a lot. It's called "Tell Me" and I was listening to it just the other day. Well in the song it is referencing a man asking his woman to tell him what she need and want from him so it can be fulfilled. In the same sense but different perspective God wants us to tell him what we need and want from him but it has to be in his will for our life. He only wants the best for his sons and daughters. But we must do our part in order for blessings to manifest and conflicts to be resolved peacefully. Stay encourage! Until next time, class dismiss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment