Saturday, March 23, 2013

UNEXPECTED SETTLEMENT

As men and women we hear all the time the statement or proclaimation "don't settle for less than you deserve". Now as mature adults we know this to be true, but applying it to your life is a different ball game. At some point in our lives we've settled for less than what GOD has for us. Whether it was a relationship, career choices, how you were treated by family, and the list goes on. Why do we subsconciously settle for things in life that is less than what we deserve? Good question. My opinion is that sometimes the fear of  not having something to call your own, belonging to a group, or a sense of  feeling accomplished. Now there are a multitude of other reasons people settle but once again I am stating a few from my opinion that I have either experienced or seen myself. No matter your gender, perspective, or marital status settling for less is not the intended purpose GOD created you for.  In Isaiah 43:18-19 GOD says "Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old. Look , I am about to do something new."

Poetic Thought:

I strive for more not less,
No mediocrity but the best,
Perserverance through struggle, rise above mess,
Counting the blessing that births out the labor of stress,
Engaged in life's olympics, going for the gold medal,
I'm a child of GOD therefore I won't settle! ~ JD

There is a gospel song by Marvin Sapp that is my favorite, its called the Best in Me. It really touches my heart because undoubtedly I can relate to the message as it pertains to my life. No matter how others view you, mistakes you've made, GOD always sees the best in you. Therefore never settle for anything less! Until next time, class dismiss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment